Jade Facial Gua Sha
Gua sha is a natural ancient therapy from Chinese medicine that involves massaging your skin in a 'scraping' motion with a Gua Sha crystal massage tool to improve your blood flow and circulation. It is a form of lymphatic drainage and is commonly used to reduce puffiness and inflammation in the face and other areas of the body.
A Gua Sha face tool can be used as a deeper tissue alternative to a face roller in your skin routine. It is intended to address stagnant energy, called chi, in the body that is believed to be responsible for inflammation. Rubbing the skin’s surface with a crystal Gua Sha is thought to help break up this energy, reduce inflammation, and promote healing.
The technique can be used on a person’s back, neck, arms, and legs as well as on the face using a more gentle facial technique.
Regular use of a Gua Sha may smooth the appearance of wrinkles, brighten complexion, improve skin tone and texture, and firm the face contour.
This Gua Sha is made from Jade, which has many healing properties due to its crystal structure and vibration. Each Gua Sha is made from entirely natural jade, which shows the different layers and hues of the green crystal. The edges of the stone are entirely smooth as these are the parts used against the skin at an angle as are the faces of the stone. No two Gua Sha's will be exactly identical as they are natural stones with their own physical character.
The shape of this Gua Sha is a dolphin shape with curved edges and a dip in the centre. This shape is designed for the face and is smaller than our other dolphin shaped gua sha's as it is specifically created for sculpting the face, reducing inflammation and also lymphatic drainage in this area.
Jade is a precious gemstone that has been used for centuries for its spiritual and healing properties. Here are some properties commonly associated with jade:
- Protection: It is often considered a protective stone, helping to ward off negative energies and promote a sense of safety and security.
- Healing: Jade is believed to have physical healing properties as well. It can be used to help with issues such as kidney problems, bladder issues, and high blood pressure. It is also believed to help with emotional healing, particularly around issues of anxiety and fear.
- Grounding: It is also considered a grounding stone, helping to connect us to the earth and provide a sense of stability. It can be helpful for those who feel scattered or disconnected.
- Prosperity: Jade is associated with prosperity and abundance. It can help to attract good luck and wealth into one's life.
- Spiritual growth: Jade is often associated with spiritual growth and awareness. It can help to open the heart chakra and promote feelings of love, compassion, and forgiveness.Use your Gua Sha once your face is hydrated and feeling smooth. Take the tool at about a 15 degree angle to the skin and apply light to medium pressure, with a gentle and mindful speed. Use the Gua Sha in strokes in an outward direction, towards the outside of your face. Repeat the strokes 5-10 times. For use on your neck, use the Gua Sha upwards towards your jaw.
Your Gua Sha will arrive to you in a gift box with velvet padding to keep your Gua Sha protected when it isn't in use.